Sunday, June 5, 2011

Trials Part 1

Hey Everyone!

The training here in Weymouth was back breaking. Luther and I did some quality sailing in big breeze. The second week of the training dealt with tactics. Our main focus was to figure out the different tactical situations that this venue has to offer. It's not easy here. I feel that I have learned a lot about the wind, but still need some work.

Tomorrow starts the Sail for Gold Regatta here. It is the first part of our trials to go the Olympics. Our trials is a point system based from two events: Sail for Gold and ISAF Worlds in Perth. Whatever place you finish is the number of points you get. So to make it easy if I got a 1, 1 at both events then I finish our trials with two points which would lead to me qualifying for the team.

So how do I feel now that trials is here? Im actually pretty relaxed. I'm not getting too stressed out about it. I learned a lot from my first trials in 2007 and will apply that knowledge to this event. I am going to take it one race at a time and keep fighting to the end.  My main goal is to not get too wrapped up in the thought process that this is the trials! this is the Olympic venue! etc. I'm going to keeps things basic and focus on the here and now.

I will be sending twitter updates and hopefully I can write a blog during the event. If you don't have my twitter then it's PaigeSailor or you can also view updates on my facebook page: Paige Railey 2012. The website to the event is: http://www.skandiasailforgoldregatta.co.uk/

Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment