Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weymouth Training

Hello Hello!

Currently I am in Weymouth, England doing lots of hard core training. Luther and I have been sailing with one of the US Sailing Development Team sailors Mitchell Kiss. We have also been joined by a sailor named Isabella Bertold from Canada. It has been a blast sailing with these two. Mitchell, only being 16, has great potential to be a top rated sailor in the world. He is currently training to win the Gold medal at the ISAF Youth Worlds and I have complete faith in him. I really enjoyed having him around and I am looking forward to future training sessions with him.

So, let me tell you about the conditions we have had here! The sun is occasional, but very pleasant when it decides to show its face and it's been windy. Very windy...I am very happy about this, because I feel this is the perfect way to get in really good shape before the event. Our goal is to work super hard on the water so my hiking legs can be built up for the event.

We just did a 5 day stretch of long hours on the water. My body was definitely stiff when I woke up this morning so I decided to take the day off. I went into town with the idea of buying a sweater...but I ended up buying more then I set out for. A top, shorts, dress etc. lol

I am currently staying in a new apartment complex and I love it! I have allergies and Weymouth seems to have everything that can get them flared up. So, this apartment has been great in shielding me from all the problems.


I'll keep writing with more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment