Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Vacation Time!

Hey!!!!

Life has been so relaxing!!! It sure has been a while since I have had a break. We worked so hard in Europe and I was looking forward to being home in Florida. Of course my sailing objectives are still in place.....train in the gym and gain weight, which I must say is going quite well so far. I have put on the weight that I lost from being ill and a bit more. This makes me pretty excited to go back to Weymouth and hopefully bring it in the breeze!

Anyways, lets talk about my other life...my non sailing life. I returned home to a happy family and twin! I missed them all so it was amazing to see them again. I went shopping, hung out and gossiped with Brooke. It's always great to catch up with her.

On another note, Sarah Lihan and I have really bonded over the last few years. So, when I came home I told her that I would drive down to visit her. I packed up the car and off I went to Southern Florida. We trained together (which was a blast) and went out and explored the area. It is truly beautiful down here.The next day I decided to go to the Florida Keys where I celebrated the fourth with my family (which I haven't done since I was 13). I truly love the warm weather, turquoise water, fishing and swimming here in Florida. I will post some photos up in about 2 weeks.

This has been a great re-booster on my energy and I am motivated to get back sailing. Two more weeks and its back to the boat...and I can't wait!

I leave for England on July 20th and will begin training on the 24th. Next regatta: PRE-OLYMPICS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment