Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hunter-Gatherer Time

This break has been one of the best things for me mentally and physically. It has been refreshing in all ways! This year has been based around sailing, working out and gaining weight so it's really nice to do something else. I have to admit that I am really missing being out in my boat because sailing is a part of me. It has made me into the person I am today and has changed/taught me many things in my life.

So, what am I up to now?! In my last blog I had visited Lauderdale and Key West, but now I am in the Bahamas. I had an old friend ask me to join a bunch of friends and family on a vacation. It's been a blast catching up and meeting new people. It's been so crazy! Everything that I have been doing has been on a whim and I have to admit that I love it.

The trip started out by taking an 8 hour boat trip from Florida to Guana (Bahama Island). There was a variety of conditions, but all in all it was a fun ride. When we arrived to the island we were greeted by a beautiful house...perfect island decor (white pristine walls, pool, starfish, coral, and flowers everywhere!) We headed off to dinner at a local eatery and then went to bed. We woke up to a bright sun, turquoise water and warm weather. Only one word can describe it: PERFECT!

So, whats the deal with the title of this blog? Well, thats exactly what we have done...gone back to the old days where you hunt your own food. I learned how to clean conch and make a ceviche salad with the meat. Besides that we have been fishing, snorkeling and lounging around...well not completely for me. I have been diligent about working out here, eventhough the heat makes it ten times harder. One of the coolest things about the training is I have been put through boot camp! One of the guys here is part of the Airforce so he has taken me through some of his workouts. I thought I would give it a try, but little did I know that I would end up pushing a golf cart up a hill, carrying a 190 pounds person on my back and squating sand bags. Pain is temporary, but glory is forever right?! LOL

Well, England is coming soon, but honeslty I am still going to enjoy my last few days before it's back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment