Sunday, April 10, 2011

Princess Sofia Regatta

Hello!!

3rd stop on the ISAF World Cup is done...I finished fourth which I am pretty happy about.

I started the event off with a bang. I was extremely consistent with finishing 2nd in the first four races...but then things started to change.

First, I did something that I find quite amusing. I didn't make the time limit in one of the races. HAHA! The leader of the regatta got stuck in no wind and couldn't finish. It was pretty funny to me, but not my coach!

Second, I managed to mount the pin and get stuck on a chain link anchor line. I thought to myself, "O NO, but boat!" I came out of it without a scratch and actually managed to win the race. I was completely lucky! I wish I could say it was skill. I remember sailing the race and saying to myself, "Is this one of those events where I can't do anything wrong? Where everything happens to go my way?" Was I ever wrong!

I then had two races where I struggled with the wind. I couldn't figure out how to tactically go upwind which resulted in me getting a 24 and a 28. Those two races were the majority of the points I earned for the whole event and resulted in me dropping out of first.

I was pretty disheartened after the second bad race, but I pushed through it. I ended the event with a 4 which I am really happy about. This proves to me that when things start getting tough that I can hang on and not do anything drastic to get it back on track. I feel that this was a huge turning point in my sailing.

Now, Im off to Hyeres, France!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment