Sunday, April 24, 2011

1st day SOF Regatta

Breezy conditions today! I had a 7, 8 which is pretty consistent. It's a good way to start the event, but I definitely want to improve tomorrow.

My biggest downfall today dealt with my starts. I kept getting shot out the back...I just lined up too close to the boat to leeward of me thus resulting in a bad start. I did my best to catch-up, but was stuck in the positions of 5-10. It was very hard to pass from them.

Luther and I were happy with the results, but have discussed things that I will work on for tomorrow and for the future. It's suppose to be light air tomorrow, but I want to keep the things I thought were my weaknesses in my head so I can take them to training to improve them.

Tomorrow we start at 9.30 (YIKES THAT IS SOOOO EARLY!) So keep checking the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment