Sunday, August 12, 2012

Olympic Games Thank You!

Last day of the Olympic Games. This has been an experience I will never forget. It was such an honor to be sailing on the water with the American Flag and USA. I wanted to thank everyone who has supported me over the years. I was so proud to represent you all, sponsors, my family, friends, federation, country, yacht club and myself at these games. I wanted to give a special thank you out to my coach Luther Carpenter. He has taught me many things in my sailing and life and it was a true pleasure to work with him. He has sacrificed so much of his time to help nurture my sailing abilities and I am forever grateful.

I am extremely disappointed with my results, but your kind words and support have made things much easier. It may not of gone how I wanted, but I am proud of everything I have achieved in the last 4 years and at these Games. I have learned from my past that there are ups and downs in an athletes career. I will not be one to sit in the corner and sulk over this performance. Instead I will stand up, pull my shoulders back, be proud of what I have done and keep moving forward. As my dad always says when things don't go the way you planned, "This is just a toll in the road of life. You pay your dues and keep going forward." There are more Olympic Games and 2016 is definitely in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment