Thursday, August 4, 2011

Portland International Regatta (Pre-Olympics)

Tomorrow is the first day of racing at the Pre-Olympics. I'm pretty excited to be competing, but a little nervous about the big breeze that we are suppose to be experiencing. It has been a long time since all of us have raced in wind, so hopefully I have done the correct physical training to have me prepared. Luther has full confidence in my physical shape. He's one of my biggest critics, so if he is pumped about my shape then it encourages me to go out and their and give it my all.

I'm going to treat this event just like all the others. One race at a time, focus on the here and now and not worry about the end result. Of course the goal is to walk away winning, but for now my focus is on the present moment. I'm really excited and I can't wait to show the sailing community a part of what I am going to present at the Games.

Our first race is at 12:00 pm. You can follow live tracking, results, tweets etc on these sites.

http://olympics.ussailing.org/
http://www.sailing.org/london2012/2011-test-event.php  (this will have the live racing)

I have to go because my physio wants me to take an ice bath....NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment